So I was going to write all about our new Conference weekend tradition. First of all, General Conference in itself is a tradition for our family. It's an exciting thing to come together every six months to hear from the Prophet and Apostles of the latter days. This April's Conference definitely did not disappoint. Wonderful messages were given on the blessings and joy that comes from being obedient and walking in the ways of the Lord, having our sights set on the temple, becoming what our Father in Heaven knows we can become, recognizing our influence for good in the world, strengthening our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ, and so much more. We feel so blessed to be taught from on high and to receive the extra boost necessary to help us continue on our way!
So with such a spiritual feast, it only seems right to have some tasty sustenance during this special weekend as well. Hence our new Conference Weekend Sunday Morning Cinnamon Roll tradition! This one's definitely a keeper. I started Saturday night, and this was what I had before I went to bed:
Already looking sooo delicious! Dillon and I were both already drooling over them. By morning, they had risen immensely!
Wow! Can't wait to take these out of the oven!
The finished product! They were delectable! Can't wait for October!!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Prep Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Add sugar, margarine salt, eggs, and flour, mix well.
3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
4. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surfacerie, until it is approx 21 inches long by 16 inches wide.
6. It should be approx 1/4 thick.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
8. To make filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
9. Spread the softened margarine over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
10. Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
11. Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
12. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
13. While the rolls are baking combine the icing ingredients.
14. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
15. When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
Aren't family traditions fantastic? :)